Blog Event Benefits Animals In Need
The holiday season has arrived. Shopping is in full swing, trees are being decorated, and people are taking time to count their blessings. The best thing about this time of year is that we get more generous. The Salvation Army’s bellringers are manning their kettles, food pantries for pets are people are stocking their shelves with donations, and where we are in Reading, Pennsylvania, a guy dressed in a red suit handed out $20,000 in hundred dollar bills yesterday in the bus station.
Bloggers like to give back too, and blogging is what we know best! So why not use our talents to help animals … ’tis the season, after all.
Our furends at Two Little Cavaliers have come up with a fun social media event that allows us to promote our sites, meet other bloggers, and use our skills for a good cause. It’s called “Social Media for Social Good” and this is how it works:
- Bloggers can sign up on the Two Little Cavaliers website.
- It costs $10 to participate, and 100% of the funds collected go to the prize.
- Each blogger will provide 3 links they’d like to promote. (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
- During the two weeks between December 14th and 28th, you’ll receive the html code for three blog posts which you’ll publish on your site. The posts will introduce your readers to other bloggers participating in the event.
- Following the other blogs will get you entered to win the prize.
- One winner will be selected using the 3 Raffelcopter widgets via random.org.
- The prize money will be split – 60% will go to the animal charity of the winner’s choosing and 40% will go to the winner.
- Non-bloggers that want to chip in can, too. All funds from non-bloggers willgo to the charity of the winner’s choosing.
Sounds like fun, right? We’re totally in and if we win, we’ll be contributing theentire prize to Minnesota Sheltie Rescue. They’ve been amazing in helping our friend Mel look for her lost foster dog, Lady, and we think they’ve got some good karma coming to them.
There are more details and entry forms over at Two Little Cavaliers. Head over there and check it out. And blogger friends – don’t procrastinate on this one. It only takes a few minute to sign up and entry for bloggers closes on December 12th at 11pm. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!